Friday, March 5, 2010

The art of clichéd troubles and vipasana

"Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!"
— William Shakespeare (Macbeth)
Troubles are a part of everyone’s life but the trouble with trouble is I don’t go looking for it, it always comes and finds me..be it in school or at home or in some random place. Trouble doesn’t have a compass which points east or west…it just points in every direction where I’m headed. I wish I could make all my troubles stand in a queue in an orderly fashion in ascending order of priority of which one is the bigger pain in the ass and give each one of them a black eye. I could do with extremity of emotions because I know they are all just a passing phase, but trouble on the other hand doesn’t seem to pass. Its like playing super Mario the more you level up the more troubles u have. This relationship I have with it isn’t even reciprocal, it’s not like I learn from the past and avoid the future trouble..nah doesn’t work that way instead I just keep walking into or getting myself into new kind of trouble every step along the way. The bright side is that I know I’m not alone I have peers who seem to get into the similar situation maybe the degree seems lesser when the situation is viewed from my end…BUT the comfort in another person’s discomfort is a sadistically pleasurable thing, in times of trouble surpasses the joy I get out of eating chocolate. For all those who say “it’s a part of life this will strengthen u and u will outlive it and blah blah blah…” I know that. Save your energies. I think more trouble is caused by introspection so I will stop…take Rhonda bryne’s advice and think positively, because everything I get I harness into my life…so like a moral science lesson I guess everything I need to know I already know. So does everyone. When in trouble. Duck. Scream or sleep. Period. Or even better write and chew on someone’s brains and provide fodder for introspection.;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" This relationship I have with it isn’t even reciprocal, it’s not like I learn from the past and avoid the future trouble..nah doesn’t work that way instead I just keep walking into or getting myself into new kind of trouble every step along the way"
My answer to what u wrote( none of my beeswax but my 2 cents nevertheless).
---Maybe just maybe its a part of yr dna !Past present or future...you know will fall into place and you"ll learn something from it .There is something to be said about falling down cpl times and getting hurt ..emotionally or physically-----will make you a more experienced person No?
:-)