Monday, December 3, 2012

Happiness Journal Day 1 - Setting the stage


Søren Kierkegaard said “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

In order to understand life backwards I need an account of everything that has happened/keeps happening, hence I've decided to keep a Happiness Journal =)

Reflection is an important part of happiness, and pausing to reflect on a positive event from each day cultivates gratitude. (An added bonus: Later, when my memory is defunct, I will look back at all the meaningful adventures I have recorded!)

Today I am happy because--
- I decided to take charge of my day and make it go as I want it to and not let the day rule over me =) I kick started the day by meeting an old friend which was long overdue.

- Someone I know is so adorable that a pack of color coded Mentos makes them giggle with amusement. I like people who take joys in trivial pleasures! Makes even the little things seem so worthwhile.

- A blind kid who gained vision as a teenager thanks to advancement in ophthalmology; a subject I covered when I was working with the Times of India, messaged me today after 3 years to ask me how I was and if I remembered him. Made me feel so significant suddenly.

- My best friends dad who could have had possible health complications is free from the vicious hospital woes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roll 'em on, girl!

Writefully Yours said...

Nice list...add another thing..." I decided to write today again after a long hiatus, making a lot of other people happy! "
I hope to read more in this journal...

Clarity Blur said...

Thanks Prateekoo!! will add that to my list today:)

Anonymous said...

You are one drama queen, aren't you?