Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happiness Journal Day 2 - Big things always come in little packages

“Instructions for living a life:
Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.” 

I made up my mind to be happy no matter what yesterday and yet this morning I woke up grumpy, feeling sleep deprived and absolutely mad at myself for not making it to the gym at 6 am. To blow off some steam I decided it was better to get online and check emails, Facebook etc. than yell at someone and make my day worse! 
The minute I logged in, I already had a bullet point for my post today; My friend Prateeks comment on the blog made my day. It got even better when my postcard-sending-heart-warming-random-bar guy-turned-platonic-friend told me he was coming to visit me in January (yaaay!).
The power of thought I tell you! Make up your mind to have/do something and all else falls into place. The 2 minutes it took this morning to change my mood from awful to awe-full made my conviction even stronger that happiness is never about big sweeping circumstances, its always about the little things. Always.

So, I am happy today because:

  • " I decided to write today again after a long hiatus, making a lot of other people happy! " 
  • I am super excited about my January visitor.
  • My friend Priyam is back from a loong vacation! yaaay! I missed him tons!
  • Maadu - the damsel in distress is relieved from her issues for the day and I was relieved for her.
  • My mum and I had a big bad fight last night and we sorted things this morning. *good sign*
  • I said what I was really thinking. I hate people who beat around the bush and  sugar-coat things. I believe in being direct and owning up to not knowing something. I embraced the awkward by looking at it square on and that made me feel lighter!
  • A late night call that was scheduled at work got cancelled and I made it to the gym after work. Nothing beats a good workout and a cupcake after :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

awww! you get a special Paan for this! and I went for like a week!

Clarity Blur said...

Aite! come on..I mentioned you only for the paan muahahhahahahahahha!!

Unknown said...

Hey baby....so happy to read, keep it going

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sri Kiran said...

Hey Ramya. It's so good to see the optimism in your blogs. Well, I haven't read them all but I can make out easily. Writing journals in itself is precious and I know how it feels. Keep it going! You have a new follower. :)

Sri Kiran said...

If you are wondering who I am, I am Shruthi's cousin. ;-)

Clarity Blur said...

Hey!! Thank you so much =)and I figured it was you from the last name.